Are you getting worried because you need to scan a document on Mac device and you don’t know the way of doing it? If yes, then go through this blog and learn how to scan on your Mac.
Here are the ways of scanning a document on your Mac device
The method of connecting the scanner
- Firstly, plug in the scanner or multifunction printer. Most of the time, people connect it to the Mac by a USB cable which attaches from the scanner’s port to the back/side of Mac device.
- An alternative way is to go for wireless printer or scanner using by local Wi-Fi connections.
- Then, visit the Apple menu. Press the symbol of Apple. It shall be towards the above at the left-hand side corner of the display. A pull-down menu will be presented before you.
- After that, press on System Preferences. It will be available in the pull-down menu. Look that doing it will result in the opening System Preferences window.
- Next, press on view. This option shall be towards the above. Pressing it shall result in presenting before you a pull-down menu.
- Then, press on Print and Scan. It will be available in the pull-down menu. Note that a pop-up window shall open.
- After that, press on +. It shall be present at the end towards the left-hand side of the window. Look that after pressing it you shall get a menu which will let you know about the connected printers and scanners.
- Next, choose the scanner of yours. Press on the scanner’s name on the menu presented before you.
- Follow the instruction given on the screen. It can be possible that it may ask you to confirm the scanner’s installation. If so requested, then you need to confirm the same.
The method of scanning the document
- Firstly, put the document in the scanner. Remember that the piece of paper should be placed in such a way that it faces downwards in scanner’s tray.
- Then, use Spotlight. Press the symbol of Spotlight. It looks like a magnifying glass and will be towards the above at the right-hand side of the display.
- Go for Preview. Write preview into Spotlight text bar, and double-click the Preview result.
- After that, press on File.
- Next, choose import from a scanner.
- Then, press include network devices.
- After that, choose the Scanner. Follow the given below instructions:
- Firstly, press on File.
- Then, press on Import from Scanner.
- After that, press the scanner’s name.
- Press on File. After that, tap on Export as PDF.
- Put a name.
- Then, choose the location for saving.
- Lastly, tap on Save.
Mathew Anderson is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.